Retired Cryptocloud forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum moved to permanent home at cryptocloud.org!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
delay
Latest topics
» time to move to our new home
The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:54 am by wearehidden

The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:53 am by wearehidden

The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:53 am by wearehidden

» LA Server performing better lately
The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:19 pm by Apococrypto

» ubuntu 12.04 openvpn timeout
The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 pm by Pattern_Juggled

» The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account)
The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm by Pattern_Juggled

» Beta announcement of new Cryptocloud forum
The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:54 pm by Pattern_Juggled

» Crytpo Cloud password authentication issue problem again
The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:59 pm by Pattern_Juggled

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
h1443206

The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) Empty
PostSubject: The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account)   The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:07 pm

I've sent in an email to the support@cryptocloud, but why can't i cancel an account on my own? the knowledgebase suggests you are able to, but the section that it refers to doesn't exist. Like many things on this forum and on the website, things are out of date and wrong.

Here's the email I sent to cancel my account. I have no idea if it will ever get read or dealt with, since so many things on this forum, through the support tickets, and through email never get dealt with. Despite getting a "monthly" invoice today (I'm not a monthly subscriber, and my quarterly due date isn't until January 3rd), I've gone ahead and severed the automatic payment for my account. I hope this is ok, because I have no idea how to cancel my account in time since, once again, nothing gets dealt with anymore.

"I am trying to cancel my cryptocloud account. The service has not improved since the server upgrades, and support tickets go unresolved. Now, my account was switched to a monthly membership WITHOUT my request or permission, and MOST IMPORTANTLY my username, email, and password were all sent in plain text via an invoice which is totally unacceptable for a security service. The knowledgebase that explains how to cancel my account is out of date, as there is no "Products and Services" section in billing.cryptocloud.com right now. "
Back to top Go down
user55

The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) Empty
PostSubject: Same Issue, Same Request   The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:55 pm

I have also had this problem, receiving two notices today informing me that a monthly bill was due and then half an hour later an overdue notice with my email and password in plain text. On reflection, it's possible that the 'Request Cancellation' link is not available because the account shows I owe money, but as this is incorrect there is little I can do to rectify the situation myself. The text of the email I sent to support is below, please act on it to cancel my account.

To whom it may concern,

I recently received and invoice and an overdue notice (shown below this message) within thirty minutes of each other, asking me to pay the monthly fee for cryptocloud access – surprising, as I am a yearly customer with a renewal due in August. Far worse, though I have redacted it below, my username, email and PASSWORD were sent in an unsecure, plain text email – I would expect that from a startup selling children’s toys, not a security service.

As a result I wish to cancel my account with cryptocloud, but the process described in your knowledge base does not work. Please cancel my account immediately, and refund the remaining amount from my subscription.

Thank you for your time.

Back to top Go down
Pattern_Juggled
Admin
Pattern_Juggled

PostSubject: Re: The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account)   The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 pm

user55 wrote:
I recently received and invoice and an overdue notice (shown below this message) within thirty minutes of each other, asking me to pay the monthly fee for cryptocloud access – surprising, as I am a yearly customer with a renewal due in August. Far worse, though I have redacted it below, my username, email and PASSWORD were sent in an unsecure, plain text email – I would expect that from a startup selling children’s toys, not a security service.

As a result I wish to cancel my account with cryptocloud, but the process described in your knowledge base does not work. Please cancel my account immediately, and refund the remaining amount from my subscription.

I've got a copy of your support ticket open on my desk, User55, so no worries. The cancellation is being processed this evening, and we'll contact you with a confirmation once it's complete.

As to the password reset procedures, I've posted some thoughts on that in this thread from earlier today - the question of passwords, and password management, is a thorny one. Not only for manufacturers of children's toys but even for security services like ours.

The new billing system has been slowly integrating itself with the current customer base and, as today has rolled out, there's been a few examples of crossed wires. No question. We're working through them this evening, one by one, to get everything resolved. Our genuine apologies for the hassle: no matter how much preparatory work goes into upgrades like this, it seems all but inevitable that there's at least a small handful of hiccups. Not an excuse, just a lament I suppose. Crying or Very sad

Cheers,

- Pt_jD
Back to top Go down
http://2600.com
Pattern_Juggled
Admin
Pattern_Juggled

PostSubject: Re: The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account)   The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm

h1443206 wrote:
Like many things on this forum and on the website, things are out of date and wrong.

No question there's a whack of stuff that needs updating - and is in process of being updated, in fact. That said, we're doing our best to shift folks over to the new customer forum where we're posting the most detailed updates on the new Cryptocloud Dashboard and other such things.

At some point we'll turn this forum here off, as it is a bit stale and - err - rusty around the edges. On that, we're in 100% agreement. clown

Cheers,

- Pt_jD
Back to top Go down
http://2600.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account)   The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account) Empty

Back to top Go down

The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account)
Page 1 of 1