Retired Cryptocloud forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum moved to permanent home at cryptocloud.org!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
delay
Latest topics
» time to move to our new home
Disabling P2P when VPN goes off? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:54 am by wearehidden

Disabling P2P when VPN goes off? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:53 am by wearehidden

» LA Server performing better lately
Disabling P2P when VPN goes off? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:19 pm by Apococrypto

» ubuntu 12.04 openvpn timeout
Disabling P2P when VPN goes off? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 pm by Pattern_Juggled

» The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account)
Disabling P2P when VPN goes off? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm by Pattern_Juggled

» Beta announcement of new Cryptocloud forum
Disabling P2P when VPN goes off? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:54 pm by Pattern_Juggled

» Crytpo Cloud password authentication issue problem again
Disabling P2P when VPN goes off? EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:59 pm by Pattern_Juggled

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Disabling P2P when VPN goes off?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Annathehippie

Disabling P2P when VPN goes off? Empty
PostSubject: Disabling P2P when VPN goes off?   Disabling P2P when VPN goes off? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:51 am

Is there a way to disable P2P, specifically uTorrent, from sharing files when the VPN becomes disconnected?
Back to top Go down
Kantura

Disabling P2P when VPN goes off? Empty
PostSubject: Connectivity   Disabling P2P when VPN goes off? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:25 pm

4 - Annathehippie

That's a frequent VPN user concern. You might want to take a look at this torrentfreak article - torrentfreak{dot}com/how-to-make-vpns-even-more-secure-120419/ - though I can't yet offer a yeigh or a neigh as to the quality of their reccomendations.

On that note I think it's about time that we put together a thread highlighting software that we, as technically sophisticated'ish netizens, can infact vouch for. For example, I downloaded a firefox plugin the other day and spent about an hour analysing the plugin script line by line pre-install and then "tcpdump" checking my ethernet for illicit activity once the plugin was in place. That plugin I can now vouch for and it'd be great to have a security conscious and tech-savvy community such as this come together to share such information upon common ground.

Certainly, there's always the human factor to consider when trusting a reccomendation, but we are here to help each other out and educate each other to higher standards as a community...not stand on each others shoulders and play power games. United we fall and all...wait, that ain't right...United we stand and all that jazz...is what I mean to say.

--

Aside. I noticed Cryptocloud got a mention on the "list of VPN's who take privacy seriously" over on TorrentFreak. Well done.

Kantura
Back to top Go down

Disabling P2P when VPN goes off?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Retired Cryptocloud forum :: Cryptocloud.org :: Technically Speaking-
Jump to: