1. There has been a lot of talk in the past 24 hours about CryptoCloud "going anti-p2p" and moving away from its pro-p2p roots. This is complete nonsense; we have no intention of abandoning our P2P customers whatsoever. Granted, finding P2P-friendly jurisdictions / ISPs / providers is getting harder everyday, but we're not giving up anytime soon. We're here to fight and we're here to stay.
Here's what happened:
About 20 hours ago, one of the interns made a mistake and labelled our USNC servers as "non P2P" on the CryptoCloud website. Next thing you know the Internet was crying foul and accusing us of selling out
Let me be clear: ALL of our USNC OpenVPN servers support P2P traffic. This has not changed. The silly mistake on the website did not affect the servers; they still hummed nicely pushing gigabytes and gigabytes of P2P data.
1.1. We have once again *DOUBLED* our US capacity. Activation in 24h.
2. Other servers that support P2P traffic (right now, see #6 below) are the ones located in the Netherlands. If you are experiencing low speeds, we advise you to close the client (not disconnect, close it completely!) and then give it another shot. We made a few modifications to our load balancing algorithm and we also added a couple of new servers in the Netherlands. Closing the client should resolve the speed issues.
3. Tip: If you are a P2P user, either use the USNC servers (if you're in North America) or the Dutch (Netherlands) servers (if you're in the EU). If you only *browse* on CryptoCloud, use our German (5% average load) / USWC (30% average load) / UK (5% average load) / USDE (2% (!) average load) servers.
4. If you are located in Asia, use our USWC servers for the best results.
5. Our US PPTP server (us1.pptp.encryptica.com) is now back online.
6. We are expanding in Canada / Switzerland / Iceland / (and maybe Luxembourg and Spain) in the next 2 weeks. The new servers *should* support P2P traffic.
Questions? Suggestions? Post them in this thread. We're all ears.
CEO, Encryptica LLC
USNC -> United States East Coast servers in North Carolina
USDE -> United States East Coast servers in Delaware
USWC -> United States West Coast servers in California
NL -> The Netherlands / Holland