Retired Cryptocloud forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum moved to permanent home at cryptocloud.org!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
delay
Latest topics
» time to move to our new home
Buy Page Questions EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:54 am by wearehidden

Buy Page Questions EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:53 am by wearehidden

» LA Server performing better lately
Buy Page Questions EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:19 pm by Apococrypto

» ubuntu 12.04 openvpn timeout
Buy Page Questions EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 pm by Pattern_Juggled

» The knowledge base for canceling an account is outdated (please cancel my account)
Buy Page Questions EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm by Pattern_Juggled

» Beta announcement of new Cryptocloud forum
Buy Page Questions EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:54 pm by Pattern_Juggled

» Crytpo Cloud password authentication issue problem again
Buy Page Questions EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:59 pm by Pattern_Juggled

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Buy Page Questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thesaint707

Buy Page Questions Empty
PostSubject: Buy Page Questions   Buy Page Questions EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Sharp-eyed observers will have noted that our purchase page has been turned off for a week & change. That's no accident, and I wanted to put pen to paper (virtually) and explain what's going on and why I made that decision - as well as letting eager future customers of Cryptocloud's network know approximately when we'll be accepting new members which WILL be soon.

The situation is simple, actually: as you know, we have been doing some major upgrades both to our network and to the backend (i.e. administrative) infrastructure that does boring things like billing, customer authentication, and so on. Mostly, those upgrades have been proactive security enhancements like patching software, de-tangling code, automating server security procedures, and so on. It's not really sexy and, frankly, it doesn't obviously make the network seem "cooler" in public (i.e. faster, etc.). But it's absolutely important to do that kind of work and to do it right... so that's what we've been doing. PPTP is still in upgrade mode, as there's lots we've wanted to do to make that part of the network better. So we're doing it.

When we launched the upgrade process, it became pretty clear that having folks signing up in the middle of the upgrades would be, well, problematic. Anyone who has done sysadmin work will understand, I bet. There was a risk that new signups would not have immediate access to the network, since parts of the upgrade involve taking the purchasing backend offline. In fact, we had a couple of signups early in the process that have turned into a mess - I'm just being honest here. Once I saw that might happen to others, I shut down the signup process until the upgrade is complete.

Note of course that this doesn't have any impact on CURRENT customers - that's the whole point! And, while it's probably inconvenient for people who want to join the network and become new customers, honestly they'll live. They'll just have to be patient. That may sound cold, but it's true - better to do it right and not be accepting new customers, than have new folks piling in while we're in the middle of changing the tires. That seems obvious to me, so I hope it's obvious to others. We might lose business from people who won't wait, and go to some other also-ran VPN network for a subscription. That's unfortunate, but sooner or later they'll probably realize we've earned our reputation as the best in the business and they'll come back.

So that's the deal. I estimate we'll have the signup process open for new customers again later this week, or this weekend. It might be longer - I can't say for sure. It might happen faster, although we all know this stuff usually takes longer than we expect. Doing anything right takes longer than expected. So be it. Keep checking in here if you want updates on the ETA for opening the network to new customers.

Obviously, if you're a current customer and you have any issues or problems - LET US KNOW! This upgrade shouldn't be impacting current customers at this point in time (with the obvious exception of PPTP), so if you see an issue then it's not general and it should be solved at once. Otherwise, for people waiting at the gates to come in and join the network: be patient. Good things come to those who wait. All the usual nonsense, right?

There's so many riding-the-coattails VPN companies launching out of thin air in recent years, it's scary. Maybe some of them are competent... but a bunch will end up being crap, to be totally frank about it. We've been on the front lines of the battle for genuine privacy & security online for more than five years (and sometimes we all feel the scars, trust me). You earn your credibility in a battle like this, and the "kids" who just arrived all fresh-faced and eager are cute... but scary too. There's no shortcuts when it comes to providing no compromise, no bullshit network privacy service. Anyone who says otherwise is naive, ignorant, or lying.

As always, comments and criticism and flames welcome. I'm here to help YOU stay safe & secure online, my friends.

- theSaint
Back to top Go down
http://www.cryptocloud.com
CyberNinja

Buy Page Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy Page Questions   Buy Page Questions EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:52 pm

thesaint707 wrote:
There's so many riding-the-coattails VPN companies launching out of thin air in recent years, it's scary. Maybe some of them are competent... but a bunch will end up being crap, to be totally frank about it. We've been on the front lines of the battle for genuine privacy & security online for more than five years (and sometimes we all feel the scars, trust me). You earn your credibility in a battle like this, and the "kids" who just arrived all fresh-faced and eager are cute... but scary too. There's no shortcuts when it comes to providing no compromise, no bullshit network privacy service. Anyone who says otherwise is naive, ignorant, or lying.

As always, comments and criticism and flames welcome. I'm here to help YOU stay safe & secure online, my friends.

- theSaint

"There's no shortcuts when it comes to providing no compromise, no bullshit network privacy service. Anyone who says otherwise is naive, ignorant, or lying."

ABSOLUTELY! ive been with this network for a good while now, and ive been through the growing pains and ive seen the upgrades and the improvements this fucking incredible company has gone through, and i couldn't be any more proud to be a long standing member Very Happy

This is absolutely the reason why i never hesitate for even one second to recommend Cryptocloud to anyone looking for a top notch, logless, fast, and TRULY PRIVATE VPN that supports P2P without data limits. afro
Back to top Go down

Buy Page Questions
Page 1 of 1